FridayFoto Post - Pinterest Hybrid Thai Turkey Meatball Soup

Seriously it has been cold as balls here for the last week, so I made a meatball soup with turkey meatballs that was a hybrid of a couple of Pinterest ideas- it turned out amazing and the broth would, as my dad used to say "make your tongue slap your brains out"  Here's the recipe - if you can call it that:

Thai Turkey Meatball Soup

Broth
4 cups chicken broth or stock
1 can coconut milk
2  star anise
red pepper flakes to taste
1 tbsp fish sauce

Put broth in crockpot and let cook on low for 4 hours to meld flavors.  Fish out star anise and add the following:

1 bag turkey meatballs, 2 cups leaf spinach (I used frozen since that is what I had but I know that 4 cups of fresh would be better), 2 cups corn kernals Let cook another 3 hours on low and then serve-It was delicious!!!! Perfect for these cold winter days ut not as heavy as some other soups.

Comments